Thursday, July 16, 2009

Closing the deal

Yesterday was a great day.  My first big prospect said yes.  I was excited, and left beaming.  I then got to my car and received an email from another prospect.  They are going through some more regulations and need some more time.  Suddenly I realized everything is not as easy as I thought.  I got a Yes and it felt great, but I realized the time between the Yes and money is a long time, and how can I shorten it.  I know now that I can have contracts ready the next day.  I can have them to back up as soon as the proposal is complete.  I can email them the contract to review it before I come in for a final signing.  I am still looking for ways to speed those deals up.  I know now that the hardest part is waiting.  I am trying to learn how to be patient and accept the things that I cannot change, but work hard at those that I can.  Somedays that success story seems really far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment