Thursday, June 18, 2009

Who's Running this Thing?

So here it is...the start, the start of climbing out of the gap.  I fell into the gap about six years ago.  It started when I decided to attend school for entrepreneurship.  I thought school and professors would fill my head with ideas and leave me with a business to start.  It didn't.  I have learned that no school or educational program will create an entrepreneur.  I left school and found myself in a cubicle.  About as far away from a business owner as I could imagine at the time.  I have since started a company and have learned about the gap between business and education.  It is a gap between resources and ideas.  Business owners need solutions that work today, and provide security for the changing landscape.  I guess my education left me with a big picture, but I am stuck on the small things with my business.  I hope my small things become the big picture.  I wanted to create a space for business owner's to talk about ideas and find solutions.  For one, I thought creating a managing a website would come as easily as playing Oregon Trail.  I have since found out it is hard to distinguish a good web host from bad, and that is just the beginning.  I hope to create a space that allows open communication and real solutions for business owners.  

No comments:

Post a Comment