Friday, August 28, 2009

What is Marketing Anyway?

I have a marketing degree. They may have been the most worthless classes I had in college. I can say I still don't understand what Marketing is. Is it Advertising, P.R.? I have found it doesn't matter what you title the process there just must be a defined process. I have spent a lot of time working with no plan. I have begun to develop a marketing plan and process to implement. I did not think it was necessary because I worked in Marketing and thought it was inherent. It apparently is not. I am now defining my target market, and competitive advantages. None of these things will make me money today, but they will ensure stability for growth in the future. I came across this website yesterday, www.ducttapemarketing.com, I am interested to learn more about their process. They are local in Kansas City so I hope I am able to get an interview. The first step in my marketing process is to define my target market.

No comments:

Post a Comment