Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cash Flow Mangement

One of the most difficult processes for a start up like myself has been cash flow management. At times it seems like management is an overstatement because there not much there. At other times I don't know how I ever worked in an office. Managing the differences and influxes of money has become a frequent discussion. I have recently taken some steps to help control and curb some of the ups and downs. I first went through all of my expenses and tracked them. I have done this personally and decided to do it with my business expenses. I tracked every penny and then figured out where I was spending my money. I was able to see what I could trim out as well as plan for the next several months. Having the ability to plan gave me a little more control. The process I do not have control over is when my clients pay their invoices. I have thought about implementing an early payment plan, but for now just think I will have to learn to be patient. My bottom line is that I have to make more, and control my costs as I try too. I just need to make sure as I get there I don't run up my cards on the way to the board room.

No comments:

Post a Comment