Saturday, October 3, 2009

Do It All Entrepreneur

I am less than halfway through a book that advises the way to success is to outsource everything. Push back and make sure someone takes care of every aspect of your life. I have a real life example this week why this book is full of crap. I currently have a bookkeeper. Said bookkeeper has been very helpful and useful. This week I had requested the tax Id number while I was away from my desk. I was provided the wrong number. I then sent that number off and was told it was the wrong number. I thought this can't be. I then pushed back and realized that the number was wrong.
Not only had she provided me the wrong number she had also provided the state and federal taxes with wrong numbers. My taxes have been filed incorrectly all year. I about had a break down on the highway on a Friday afternoon. How can my taxes not have been filed? What are the fees going to be? How much interest are they going to charge me?
I had to take a deep breathe and realized that I needed to take more control. I need to be in control of the books and accounting. I need to make sure the correct information is filed. I cannot take the advice of my current book. I cannot allow other people to run my business because no one cares about This Entrepreneur like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment