Friday, October 30, 2009

Problems With A Home Office


I have an office that is 15 minutes away from my home. I have been debating keeping it because I am on the road and not in the office but several times a month. So I have taken a month to test out being at home. Most of the time it is great and convenient. There are drawbacks to the home office. Today as I rolled out of bed at 9:15 am I couldn't help but feel plagued by guilt. I realize that even when I worked in a cubicle I would usually not start working until then anyway. I just feel like I should always be working when I am home. I just wanted to start a pro's and con's list for having a home office.

Con's:

1. Less motivation in the morning to get started.
2. Unending guilt to always be working.
3. Less professional dress. I do not have to get dressed up so why should I is my argument?
4. Errands always get in the way. It is easy to make cleaning up a must do chore instead of the phone calls I need to make.
5. Personal and Business life have no boundaries. I was digging through personal tax documents this morning when I should have been working.
6. No sunlight. This is just my office, but I am in the basement and there is no sunlight, this is a long way from the corner office!

Pro's will be posted next!

No comments:

Post a Comment