Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Not A Straight Line To Success

I have found that being an entrepreneur is not a straight line to success. I have read a lot of articles and studied Entrepreneurship in college, and now that I am on my own I have realized how many misses there will be before the success. I thought that with an education and some experience I would be on my way. I was wrong. I have found that there is not one path to Entrepreneurship. Some people work three days a week, work after noon. I was so used to working in an office and 9-5 that I have had to get used to working when I am most efficient and also when it is most needed. I still conform to the 9-5 mold and make sure to get all the work done for the day before I go to bed, but I am learning more and more that I am not a morning person, and that the afternoons are the most effective time for me. Entrepreneurship is about matching your personal skills with the business. I think I just thought that meant I could do whatever I wanted. In a sense I can do whatever I want, but that does not mean that I will get paid or have any money. Entrepreneurship for me is about finding a balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment