Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Poor Entrepreneurs

I sat in class and daydreamed about the nice cars and travel that I was going to do once I had my own company. George Soros has done well, why can't I. I thought it would be a matter of months and then I would be able to attain that lifestyle. I have quickly learned Entrepreneurship is not a get rich scheme. A year into Entrepreneurship I still am chasing after a steady monthly income. It is not the fastest race towards the finish line. There are hundreds of wrong directions before something works. Some Entrepreneurs find the right step the first time, and some find it on the tenth step. Factors such as timing, marketing conditions, and stamina make the difference. I wish someone had told me that being an Entrepreneur is not just about your business and growing, but also about the process. About trying to balance credit card payments with prospecting. How to never give up and proceed with caution. There is not a blueprint to Entrepreneurship and This Entrepreneur is set out to show the face of business ownership. I might not be George Soros but I can be This Entrepreneur and find my own success. Now the question is just when?

No comments:

Post a Comment